The design of waterproof wireless earbuds for outdoor sports is more complex than devices designed for running or performing heavy physical exercises. Manufacturers strive to combine high sound quality, modern design and certain technical features in the models, ensuring a long stay in the water without interruption from listening to music.
Most modern companies produce earbuds for the pool with a built-in MP3 player and memory for storing audio files. The wireless version of the device is not suitable for two factors: short range and poor quality of the Bluetooth connection when immersed in water.
In addition, waterproof wireless earbuds can be actively used during training in the gym, surfing, kayaking and other types of water tourism.
Selection rules: How to select the Best & Cheap Waterproof Wireless Earbuds
Almost all the earbuds considered in the review have a degree of protection against moisture penetration IPX7 – the ability to be at a depth of 1 meter for 30 minutes, and IPX8 – to be at a depth of 2 meters for 1 hour. This classification is considered the most important when choosing a waterproof device.
Also, when buying, you should pay attention to the body and inserts. The kit should contain 3-4 types of earbuds, which, if properly sized, improve the sound quality and prevent the earbuds from falling out.
7 out of 10 waterproof earbuds come with a built-in MP3 player. There is practically no Bluetooth connection under water, so the device’s memory is used to play music. The best option is from 2 to 4 GB.
Battery life is also an important criterion. Usually a minimum of 5 hours. For professional swimmers, you should consider the option of 8-10 hours, since in practice the life of the wireless headphones is less than the declared values. After completing classes, it is recommended to wash the device, chlorinated water can cause defects.
Waterproof wireless earbuds are a relatively new trend in the audio market. Stylish wireless models with high-quality sound in India electronics stores starts from 750 INR. With huge demand in India market, there are a number of rising companies focusing on low-cost wireless earbuds.
- Great design and good sound.
- They are lightweight and carry a good sound with clear mids and lows.
- Even at full volume, there is no distortion whatsoever.
- The flat cable makes it tangle-resistant and it comes with a clip for heavy workout sessions.
- Good Battery backup, a playback of about 5-6 hrs in the first few charges. Subsequently reduced to about 4 hrs.
- Comes with a decent price.
- Although it comes with all sizes of silicone buds, I found that the supporting silicone fins would give me earache after a few hours of use. I removed them and started using the clip for support and voila, no more pain.
- At under Rs. 1000, this pair is just one of those very few in the future bundled with a quality carrying case. It runs on the zipper as its final mechanism which has a tougher outer shell.
- The earphones themselves have Bluetooth 5.0 and have an IPX4 rating for water resistance. It's used the Bluetooth standard for improved efficiency.
- For a comfortable fit, form regular silicone ear tips, these earphones also have a couple of wings that help further encourage them when as part of your ears.
- 56 hrs of talk time or music playback might be expected from these earphones on a complete charge. Its timing is also quite acceptable.
- Its own ear-pieces are put at a 45-degree angle that will help them fit inside the ear. When hanging your neck down, they latch on to each other magnetically.
- Sound quality- Treble is too good and you also get a 4.5 out of 5 bass which is very rare at this price range
- Battery- 5-6 hours of continuous playtime
- Sweatproof- It actually got soaked in my sweat but nothing happened
- Cool tangle-free design with ear hooks- makes it really handy during workouts
- Good Service
- A little bulky design
- If you would rather minimal designs, then these Boult Bluetooth earphones will suit you. All these earphones just have a cord that goes on your mind.
- With the in-line remote you've got a truly hands-free experience. Google Assistant or even Siri can be summoned with one button press while you may control different aspects also.
- With a full charge, the ear-phones can run continuously for up to 8 hours and they can maintain the battery for as much as two days.
- Regardless of being on funding, Boult has used superior material like aluminium alloy drivers for it. The drivers produce music.
- They are created for wearing sports and running so they won't fall off that easily. If not wearing them the magnets to hold them in place.
- Minimalistic design
- Good Battery Backup
- Good for outside sports activity
- Good Bass
- Connection problems
- Not long-term use
- Network Disruptions
- Sound Clarity
- Affordable price-tag
- Dirt and Waterproof
- Good Battery Backup
- Average Sound
- Average Bass
- Access and Control
- Voice Assistant
- Pairing Sensors
- Little expensive in the price range
- Wireless Bluetooth Streaming
- Comfortable with FlexSoft ear tips and TwistLock technology
- 8 hours of wireless playback under optimum audio settings with Speed Charge battery
- IPX7 Waterproof
- Touch controls let you easily manage music
- Secure fit ear hook design provides ultimate stability during workout
- 1-year manufacturer’s warranty
- Safe fit
- Water-resistant (IPX7)
- Build quality and materials
- Touch Control
- Not suitable for prolonged wear
- Soundproofing may be unnecessary for outdoor jogging
How to Choose your Waterproof Wireless Earbuds?
Waterproof Wireless Earbuds are one of the achievements of modern technology that was previously impossible to even dream of. Take walks in the rain, take a shower, swim in the pool, sea, ocean to the sounds of your favorite songs – this device gives such incredible opportunities to a person.
In our country, Wireless Earbuds that are convenient for swimming have appeared relatively recently, but have already managed to gain immense popularity among people who appreciate, first of all, comfort and the ability to enjoy the sound of music no matter what they are doing.
Principle of operation
The “magic” of Wireless Earbuds for swimming is easy to explain: as a rule, they use Bluetooth, so the device is paired with the user’s gadget. However, there are models that already have an integrated MP3 player. Such Wireless Earbuds are controlled using a special remote control that is worn on the user’s finger, but other models may also be found.
As a rule, in order to ensure sound quality, devices of their in-channel type are used in their manufacture. Earphones of this type completely cover the ear canal, providing a good level of hydro and sound insulation. To ensure sound quality under water and maximum fit, interchangeable inserts of various sizes and shapes are also supplied.
Main characteristics of Waterproof Wireless Earbuds
Wireless Earbuds with water protection can have different characteristics depending on the manufacturer, model and cost. However, there is a list of standard features that this device provides for the user. It:
- High sound quality with the ability to hear well and environmental sounds (indispensable when practicing in the pool or on a run);
- average working time – from 30 to 360 minutes of music playback;
- powered by batteries;
- standard plug connector (3.5 mm), which makes it possible to use headphones for any gadgets in wireless mode;
- the presence of a compact remote control;
- comfortable fit due to the delivery of nozzles of different sizes and shapes;
- many variations of colors and shades;
- some models have reflectors, which allows you to run even on a rainy evening.
Of course, the characteristics of underwater Wireless Earbuds for sports sound really impressive. However, like any equipment, this ship device has both pros and cons.
Advantages and Disadvantages
Let’s start with the advantages that can be easily enough formulated based on the functionality and characteristics of waterproof Wireless Earbuds.
- Ample opportunities for users. The model, resistant to water, can be used in almost any environment: in the pool, on vacation and even during diving (the best models can withstand immersion under water up to 3 meters). People who are not keen on swimming can also appreciate the comfort of using such a device. After all, with waterproof headphones you can listen to music while taking a shower, or exercise on the treadmill without fear that drops of sweat will ruin the device. For outdoor exercise enthusiasts, these headphones allow you not to be afraid of the rain and play sports comfortably in any weather.
- Multifunctionality. Despite its main purpose – use in water and under water, such headphones thanks to bluetooth technology may well serve as a headset for the phone. If you connect them to your phone, tablet or player using a standard cable, you can get the most ordinary headphones with good sound. Thus, the purchase of such headphones, in fact, eliminates the need to purchase additional accessories for gadgets.
- Ease of use. Today, a large number of models of headphones for swimming are being developed on the market, and their functions are constantly being improved. Modern headphones operate on batteries, equipped with a quick charge function that allows you to charge the device in 15-30 minutes. Manufacturers are doing everything to make the use of waterproof headphones comfortable for users and bring only positive emotions.
So, for example, headphones for swimming can save users from the problem typical of ordinary headphones – the loss of a device from the ear. Due to the fact that the waterproof headphones are adapted for use under water, they are firmly fixed in the ears. This makes the device attractive not only for athletes and lovers of swimming, but also for everyone who often listens to music on the go.
- Ease of care. It is no secret that during active use, headphones are subject to pollution. You could only dream of just washing your favorite device with a cloth moistened with water. Waterproof headphones in this regard provide users with maximum freedom of action.
As for the disadvantages of Waterproof Wireless Earbuds, you can not hide the fact that they also exist.
- Sound quality. Despite the fact that manufacturers strive for maximum sound quality in headphones for swimming, in comparison with conventional headphones, such models still lose. This is primarily due to the peculiarities of using Bluetooth technology for sound transmission, which degrades the sound quality during its transmission.
Many models have a built-in amplifier that optimizes sound and prevents loss of volume during signal transmission, however, unfortunately, this upgrade of waterproof models does not affect the sound itself.
- Cost. To purchase a truly high-quality model that would have all of the above advantages, you will have to fork out for a certain amount.
However, buying ordinary headphones, you should not hope to get high-quality sound and durability for 500 rubles. Therefore, a thorough analysis of the models of waterproof headphones presented in stores allows you to choose for yourself an option that is optimal in the ratio of “price – quality”.
How to choose Waterproof Wireless Earbuds ?
When choosing a headphone for swimming, a large number of factors should be taken into account, the main of which are the operating time, weight and quality of the case.
- Working hours. The main objective of waterproof headphones is the ability to combine listening to music with an active lifestyle. Therefore, the time that the device can work without requiring recharging can be attributed to one of the most important selection criteria.
It is also worth paying attention to the “quick charge” function, which will allow you not to part with your favorite headphones even in a hurry. Optimal would be the choice of a model that combines the ability to charge via USB port with the ability to be powered by batteries.
- Weight. Why is this parameter important? Because waterproof headphones are an essential attribute of an active lifestyle. Overly heavy headphones will soon begin to cause discomfort to the owner and can ruin all the pleasure that the advantages of such a device give.
However, excessively light weight can also be a sign of poor-quality plastic or even a fake. The average weight of high-quality headphones is 30-40 grams. It is important to compare the weight indicated in the technical specifications with the parameters stated on the official website of the manufacturer.
- Waterproof case. The word “waterproof” can have different meanings. Therefore, before rushing to dive under the water in freshly purchased headphones, it is better to compare the declared indicator of protection against water. In accordance with international standards, waterproof devices receive an IP (penetration protection) index from X0 to X8.
Please note that headphones with the X0 index are not intended for use underwater. Further, the degree of protection is increasing. So, a device with an index of X1 is protected only from water droplets (for example, during rain), and a device with an index of X8 allows the owner to dive under water to a level of more than 1 meter and a long period of time.
Thus, the choice of Waterproof Wireless Earbuds is not an easy task, especially in the face of the diversity of the modern market. To navigate in such a variety and choose the best option will help the rating of models.